Thursday 8 August 2013

Puppy & Burqa Secularism

All the “Puppy remark” controversy of the last 2 days have been a creation of vested political leaders/parties & some media houses. If one goes through the interview of Narendra Modi to Reuters we find that –
1. When he was asked “do you believe India should have a secular leader??” – he replied, “for me, my secularism is, India First. I say, the philosophy of my party is ‘Justice to all. Appeasement to none.’ This is our secularism”. Now can anybody dispute this??
2. Again when asked by the interviewer “how will you persuade minorities to vote for you??”, he said “first thing, to Hindustan’s citizens, to voters, Hindus & Muslims, I’m not in favour of dividing. I’m not in favour of dividing Hindus & Sikhs. I’m not in favour of dividing Hindus & Christians. All the citizens, all the voters, are my countrymen. So my basic philosophy is, I don’t address this issue like this. And that is a danger to democracy also. Religion should not be an instrument in your democratic process”. Can anybody dispute this??
3. He never said that he is Hindu first, what he exactly said was “I’m nationalist. I’m patriotic. Nothing is wrong. I’m a born Hindu. Nothing is wrong. So, I’m a Hindu nationalist so yes, you can say I’m a Hindu nationalist because I’m a born Hindu”.
4. His so called puppy remark has been twisted to give a communal colour by the so called secular brigade. What he said was “While someone driving a car, if a puppy comes under the wheel, will it be painful or not? Of course it is. If I’m a chief minister or not, I’m a human being. If something bad happens anywhere, it is natural to be sad”. Is there anything objectionable to what he said?? Nowhere he compared muslims to puppies. It’s like if somebody asks me “Do you beat your kids?” and I answer “I don't even beat my dog”, does that mean for me, my kids are like dogs?? This secular brigade first should learn to listen, read & understand correctly - what they're doing is exposing their lack of education and evil intention of creating communal conflict out of nothing.
5. So many political leaders, film personalities & others like Shahrukh Khan, Abu Azmi etc. had made statements earlier that they are proud Muslims “ Garv se kehta hu mein Muslim hu” but nobody found that objectionable. It seems in India if one says they are proud muslim, they are not communal but if anybody says that he is a proud Hindu then he is communal. The word ‘Hindu” has become a dirty/communal word for some politicians/media houses. It seems in india if some one says “ I’m a Jehadi terrorist” – that’s acceptable but if some one says “I’m a Hindu Nationalist” - that’s communal. One has to accept that today India is a secular country only because it’s hindu majority. Nobody can show any muslim majority country in this world, which is secular. Because India is a hindu majority country, we had muslim President, Vice President and muslim’s in many other important positions. Can anybody show us any muslim majority country which had a non muslim President or Prime Minister?? Why other country – can a non muslim ever become a Chief Minister in Kashmir, which is the only muslim majority state in India?? But, so many other states in India has Muslim Chief Ministers inspite of being muslims in minority.

Yesterday therefore, Modi rightly said during his speech in Fergusson College in Pune- “Whenever the Congress is faced with a challenge – whether it is corruption, price rise, directives from the Supreme Court, or a minister being jailed, or the rape of girls or an atmosphere of insecurity – they do not answer people. The moment there is a crisis, they wear a burqa (veil) of secularism and hide in a bunker,”. If india has to survive as a secular, vibrant democracy, all right thinking & educated citizens & voters should stand together & teach this secular brigade a lesson by throwing them out of power in the centre & states in the next election

No comments:

Post a Comment